Most think bronze is best suited for summer months but Elizabeth Olsen works it on the Gotham Independent Film Awards red carpet, proving that a bronze smoky eye will heat up your winter look. It also takes almost no time so it’s perfect for those days you feel like hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock.
The trick to achieving a soft smokey eye is to layer on. You should start with a solid light brown shade all over the lid and pile on deeper colors on top.
- Prep eye area with a foundation and concealer/powder.
- Apply a light neutral base eye shadow to upper eyelid and crease area with large eye makeup brush like Motives Press Eye shadow in Vintage Glam. Also, sweep this color under lower lash line from inner to outer corners with smaller brush.
- With a medium eye brush, apply a more intense bronze based color to upper eyelid. Try out Elle’s Motives Paint Pot Mineral Eye shadow. Feather this color under 1/2 of outer corner of lower lash line also.
- Add dark brown eye shadow color to outer eye corners for more intensity if desired.
- Line eyes with black eyeliner, paying careful attention to the lower and upper eyelids. Try Ultrafresh Black Magic Eyeliner and be sure to blend for a smudged look.
- Curl lashes and apply 2 coats of black mascara.
- Apply a highlighter to brow bone and inner corners of eyes.
- Finish with Skindinavia for a look that won’t smudge or wear off.