Thanksgiving day is tomorrow! It’s a great time do be with family and friends and give thanks for all that is good in life. I love Thanksgiving because it’s a very relaxing Holiday – You don’t have to come bearing gifts or get super dolled up. Jeans, a great Fall sweater and shimmery brown/gold/coppery eye makeup will make for the perfect Thanksgiving Day look.
I’m going with the bronze smokey eye this Thanksgiving – Check out Mila Kunis rocking the bronze eye makeup look. It’s a festive makeup look that will look great with whatever you’re wearing. And, if you aren’t celebrating Thanksgiving, the bronze smoky eye works for a great Fall makeup look too!
Here’s how to create a bronze smoky eye for Thanksgiving:
1. Start out by applying MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque on the eyelids. It is a shimmery peachy gold color that really complements brown eyes and will give your lids the perfect base to apply shadows and blend them perfectly. Like all paint pots, this goes on as a creme eyeshadow and dries as a normal shadow. It can be worn as a base or on it’s own.
2. Take a medium to dark shimmery shade of copper, bronze or slate and apply all over the lids up to the crease. Try Maybelline eye shadow duo in Sunkist olive. Apply the lighter color on the eyelid and in the inner corner of the eye. Next apply Maybelline shadow in copper haze to the outer corner of the eyelid. Blend the two colors together. By now you should start to see the bronze smokey eye coming through.
3. Next, using a soft, clean brush use Mac eyeshadow in hoax – a brown eye shadow with a green undertone. Work it towards the outer corner of the eye and up into the crease. Blend it in then bring it down towards the lower lash line and apply it like you would apply eyeliner. it in the outer corner and work into the crease. Then bring it down onto the lower lash line.
4. Use Rimmel eyeliner in black gold to line the upper lash line, getting as close to the lashes as possible. It looks like an olive green when you put it on and is a perfect complement to the shimmery shadow combos listed above.
5. Using a small brush or Q-Tip, blend the top line a bit so that the liner blends into the shadow on the lid.
6. Curl lashes and apply a few coats of mascara. Try Smashbox Badgal Mascara in Black for seriously big lashes that pack a punch. Then use a black eyeliner pencil and apply on the inner rims of the eyelids. Finish the eyes with some mascara on the lower lash line as well.
7. Clean off the under eye area with a makeup wipe. Apply concealer underneath the eyes. Try Smashbox High Definition Liquid Concealer.
8. Use a neutral peachy pink blush like MAC’s Melba shade. It is dirty peach-brown with a matte finish.
9. Finish with a warm berry color for lipstick like Revlon lip butter in berry smoothie.
10. Make sure your Thanksgiving makeup look lasts throughout dinner and into the night with Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray. The Original Makeup Finishing Spray keeps color vibrant and prevents makeup from fading for up to 16 hours. It’s recommended for normal to combination skin types.
Features and Benefits:
- Fewer touchups throughout the day
- Stops makeup meltdown
- Holds eye shadow, foundation, blush and concealer perfectly
- Award Winning
To all my loyal followers (and anyone else reading this) – Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday! Eat, drink and enjoy the time spent with those close to you – that’s what Thanksgiving is all about after all!
I’m so grateful for everyone who reads the blog and appreciate all of your comments/feedback. If you end up trying the Thanksgiving makeup look let me know how it worked out!