Melanie Mills was named Department Head Makeup Artist for ABC’s Dancing with the Stars in 2007 and has since then earned nine career Emmy nominations. While working on DWTS she created Gleam Body Radiance; a revolutionary transfer-resistant body makeup that perfects and illuminates the skin. Her talent in creating flawless makeup has landed her working on countless hit shows in the entertainment industry. If anyone knows about radiant, glowing skin, even in frigid temperatures, it’s Melanie!
Winter Beauty Do’s
Best tip for winter beauty is to exfoliate and hydrate with water and moisturizers. It’s really dry this time of year so make sure to get rid of old cells and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! “I also recommend finding that perfect glow, like Gleam Body Radiance Light Gold, which is perfect for lighter skin tones and not only brightens, but also moisturizes skin,” Melanie adds. Apply Gleam Body Radiance after your moisturizer on your face (under foundation), the red or dull skin will go away and you will look flawless and radiant!”
3 Items You’ll Need for Glowing Skin
1. Clarisonic Classic – Such a great investment and really cleanse your skin while removing dead cells.
2. Gleam Lip Radiance – This unique collection of glosses are super pigmented with a wide range of beautiful colors and super moisturizing! Of course we have the hot new Pantone color Radiant Orchid with our shade of “Uncontrollable,” and if you don’t want the shine, then blot it down or go for Georgio Armani’s Lip Maestro – it feels like velvet and is really matte.
3. Gleam Radiant Dust – This is the go-to hydrating powder for all over face and body. Adds a certain element of warmth and glow and is perfect for all skin tones. Plus, it smells good and leaves skin looking flawless.
4. Get a setting spray. These eliminate any need for powder. Mills’s favorite is Skindinavia Makeup Finish Spray. “It keeps shine down, and your makeup won’t budge,” she adds, “I use this for everything—especially for the red carpet and music videos.”
Applying Makeup to Winter Dry Skin
1. Cleanse, moisturize, add Gleam Body Radiance lightly to neck and face, then follow with a heavy liquid foundation with a damp Beauty Blender and lightly powder. Then, apply eyeshadow and follow with a fluff of Radiant Dust all over exposed skin. For cheeks, finish with a cream blush versus a powder.
Follow Melanie on Twitter, @GLEAMBODY and Facebook, GLEAM by Melanie Mills.
Visit her at gleambymelaniemills.com.