Jessica Alba knocked it out of the park Sunday night at the 79th Annual Golden Globe Awards wearing a peach Oscar Da La Renta silk gown and a perfectly matching shade of tangerine lipstick. Despite Alba donning a $5.8 million sparkling Harry Winston diamond necklace, her tropical orange lipstick was the best accessory of the night. It matched the melon-colored trumpet gown flawlessly and brought the entire look together. Now that’s some seriously powerful lipstick action.
Alba, who wasn’t even nominated for an award, was my favorite pick for best-dressed celeb of the night. Her side-swept locks made the look reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour, trading in a bright red lipstick for a vibrant orange hue. Jessica’s eye makeup was kept natural, and a peachy shade of blush gave her face a youthful flush of color, allowing the citrus shade to do all the talking. Jessica Alba’s orange lipstick worn on the 2013 Golden Globes red carpet was: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Riviera. Buy it up now ladies – this color won’t last long! Calling it now – orange lipstick will be the hottest look for spring.
Not sure if you can pull off the citrus hue like Jessica Alba? We put together 10 of the hottest tropical orange shades to try right now:
- Revlon Moon Drops Creme Lipstick in Orange Flip
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Abstract Orange, $8
- MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Good To Go, $17
- MAC Pro Amplified Creme Lipstick inNeon Orange, $24.40
- Clarins Clementine Rouge Prodige Lipstick
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Pure Color Lipstick SPF 15 in Le Orange, $30
- Tom Ford True Coral Lip Color, $45
- Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in 13 Tempting Coral – Peachy Apricot, $30
- NARS Satin Lipstick in Casablanca, $24
- Bobbi Brown Orange Lip Color, $22.00
Bright orange lipsticks are totally in right now, but some women are weary to rock the shade for a night on for fear of smudging, fading, or smearing on teeth. Make sure your orange lipstick looks perfect all night with these tips:
- Spray Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray over your lips before applying makeup.
- Add a touch of concealer across your lips to begin your lipstick application.
- Apply the lipstick color of your choice and then take a little bit of baby powder and rub across the lips over the color you just applied.
- Line the lips, then apply the lipstick again over the baby powder.
- Finish with Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray to hold the orange lip color for up to 16 hours.