Who’s the big winner? Jennifer Lawrence was last night at the SAG Awards. Not only did she take home Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a lead role for her role in Silver Linings Playbook, she also made number one on our list for the best beauty look of the night.
Jennifer wore her long blonde hair wavy and to one side reminding us of a modern take on old Hollywood Glamour, which is exactly what her hairstylist, Mark Townsend, had in mind. “For the Screen Actors Guild Awards I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamour, so I wanted Jennifer’s hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.” She paired her sassy hairdo with a bold red lip and cat eye makeup. Her classic crimson red lipstick was the perfect pop of color against her navy blue Christian Dior gown. The result was a totally elegant look!
Want to mimic Jennifer Lawrence’s sexy side swept waves at the SAG Awards? Mark Townsend dished on how he created her SAG Awards hairstyle:
– To get her side swept waves, I started by applying a nickel size amount of the new Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner into Jennifer’s damp hair; she’s colored her hair so much lately so her hair needs added moisture and protection.
– Next, I loaded her hair with the Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried with a large round brush. To give her hair a loose wave, I wrapped sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
– Then, I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands, rubbed my hands together, and then raked my fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
– I then took the hair from the right side, twisted it, and then pinned it in the back with a few bobby pins. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunched with my hands.
– As always, I finished by spraying Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep her hair in place all night and give the hair even more shine.”