Jada Pinkett Smith is one lady who isn’t afraid of color. She attended the ‘Free Angela and All Political Prisoners’ New York premiere looking gorgeous in a spring-colored yellow dress and red lipstick. If you thought red lips were a Fall/Winter-only trend, think again. As you can see on Jada, pairing a red lip with a fresh spring pastel color like yellow creates the perfect color combination.
Jada chose a sunny yellow Miu Miu dress paired with red lipstick and gold and black heels. Some people shy from bright-colored lipstick when they wear pastels, but we think that the contrast is sexy, girly and eye catching all at once. To freshen up her look even further, she went for an ombre dye in her hair, which really pulled it all together.
Would you rock a red lip with pastels?
Red lipstick paired with pastels is so in right now, but some women are weary to rock the bright hue for fear of smudging, fading, or smearing on teeth. Make sure your red lippy looks perfect all night with these tips:
- Spray Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray over your lips before applying makeup.
- Add a touch of concealer across your lips to begin your lipstick application.
- Apply the lipstick color of your choice and then take a little bit of baby powder and rub across the lips over the color you just applied.
- Line the lips, then apply the lipstick again over the baby powder.
- Finish with Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray to hold the orange lip color for up to 16 hours.