Kate Beckinsale arrived at the London premiere of Total Recall in London looking absolutely stunning as usual. At age 38, she is one of those timeless beauties who only looks better as time goes on. I know I envy her for many reasons but mostly for her ability to age so gracefully and beautifully. You’d think she was in her 20’s.
I wanted to do a post on combating the aging process, specifically under eye wrinkles because I have just started noticing my own as I’m approaching the big 3-0. And did you know, botox does not treat the under eye area? It’s basically one of those problems that you need to take care of with healthy lifestyle habits and natural remedies. After doing lots of research on this under eye wrinkle problem, I pretty much consider myself an expert. Here’s what I found:
- Practice good eating habits. Maintaining a healthy diet that is rich in antioxidants can greatly improve the health of your skin. You know what’s good for you – fruits, vegetables and fish that have high levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You can never go wrong with eating fruit and veggies.
- Exercising will help reduce the wrinkles under your eyes. Exercising keeps your skin and muscles tight. When the skin and muscles become loose, you see wrinkles.
- Rest. Not getting enough sleep causes puffy eyes and dark circles under the eyes. It’s not always possible, but try to get 8 hours of sleep a night. It is good for the skin under your eyes and good for your entire body.
- Keep the skin refreshed. One of the best and easiest remedies for wrinkles is water. Rinse your face every morning and night with cool water. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day – water hydrates the skin, keeping it soft, supple, and younger looking for long.
- Protect your skin from UV rays. Use a moisturizer with a low spf on a daily basis to fight off damage caused by sun. It is a known fact that sunlight is a cause of premature aging. Overexposure to the sun damages your skin and speeds up aging like nothing else.
Natural Home Remedies
Grape Seed Oil: is rich in antioxidants such as proanthocyanidins, which help in reversing the damages of skin aging. It keeps the skin hydrated, and as everybody knows, hydrated skin is less likely to get fine lines and wrinkles than a dry skin.
Vitamin E: is an antioxidant and the oil is very thick, so it hydrates dry skin very well. It will help wrinkles appear less noticeable, and help prevent the formation of new wrinkles. Each night before going to bed, squeeze the liquid out from the vitamin E capsule and smear it under your eyes where you notice the wrinkles. Use the grape oil during the day and vitamin E at night to show faster results.
Avocados: decrease under eye wrinkles very effectively. Take some mashed avocado and apply it around your eyes. As the natural oil contained in the avocado helps turn on your skin’s natural oil production, the skin looks younger and more attractive
Cucumber: is one of the most effective natural home remedies not just for under eye wrinkles but for crow’s feet. Put cucumber slices on your eyes. The cucumber slices will reduce the eye wrinkles, fine lines, and puffiness so your eyes feel reenergized afterwards.
Lemon Juice: Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply around your eyes twice daily morning and at night. Make sure you do not get the lemon juice in your eyes. After a few weeks, you will find a noticeable reduction in wrinkles.
If you try some of these under eye wrinkle remedies yourself, let us know how it worked! I’ll be trying some myself as well and will keep you posted on the ones that I found to be the most effective for under eye wrinkles.