Take it from Gillian Zinser (she plays the sultry surfer chick on 90210!), less is more. When it comes to great summer tresses Gillian knows a thing or two about looking effortlessly gorgeous 24/7. The bottom line for summer waves is always a ‘do that is super easy – the art of perfectly wild, perfectly textured and tousled beach hair.
Learn how after the jump!
Here’s a step by step!
- Weave in a little relaxed braid on one or both sides, letting the ends fray a bit to make the look even more natural.
- Spray a texturizer all over. Blast each braid with a blow dryer until dry.
- Gently unravel the braids and rake fingers through hair.
- Use the pads of your fingertips and piece through hair to create some cool flyaways and slightly tease it to create a subtle lift.
- You can also use a 1 1/4″ curling iron to create a few face framing waves. Wind the hair around the curling iron, twisting the hair a bit to create a bit of ropiness, leave about an inch of hair out of the iron, so the ends remain flat. The flat ends give the look a more unstructured cool-girl vibe instead of being too pretty.
- Rake hands thru the curled pieces to loosen.