Revenge is a modern-day sex-changed retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo. Formerly Amanda Clarke, Emily returns to the Hamptons after 17 years seeking vengeance for those who conspired against her father. Emily VanCamp plays sweet and friendly but she is consumed by fury, loss and revenge. She has only one thing on her mind – vengeance, hence the name of the show.
The show draws around 8.5 million viewers and Emily VanCamp’s presence is one of the biggest attractions. Emily VanCamp has a very good girl, sweet-natured look about her which is why her role in Vengeance makes her so perfect for the part – she is the good girl gone bad (but for good reason of course).
Emily VanCamp, the girl-next-door turned sexy vixen barely needs any makeup to look beautiful, but she likes to dress up sometimes just like the rest of us. She says she does her own makeup herself and that she did her sister’s makeup for her wedding. Van Camp’s sense of beauty is less is more. Some of her favorite products to get her perfectly natural face are: MAC peach-color blush and Lancôme mascara, and a Dr. Hauschka Skin Care clear moisturizing lip balm. This is pretty much her every day makeup look but she does like to experiment with red lipstick and daring makeup occasionally. Since her makeup is always on point and so natural she has to use a finishing spray like Skindinavia Moisture Lock Finishing Spray.
Tips for fresh, flawless makeup that looks like you’re not wearing makeup:
- Start by Perfecting Your Skin: Wash with cleanser and a cloth to gently exfoliate your face.
- Moisturize and Even Out Skin Tone: The best way to achieve the natural look is to begin with a tinted lotion. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Tinted Moisturizer is great and ranges in different tints. Because it’s sheer, you don’t have to match it to your skin exactly, as you have to do with foundation. You can even go slightly deeper to warm up your complexion and it will still look natural.
- Conceal Any Flaws: For pimples, breakouts or deep under eye circles, use a high colored concealer. The trick is not to use too much concealer. You want it to look natural like Emily VanCamp’s so don’t apply too much or it will look cakey. For dark circles, swipe the wand under your eyes, then pat with a finger to blend.
- Use a light powder: If your skin is oily, follow up with an oil-absorbing powder.
- Choose a light cheek color: Like Emily VanCamp says, she uses Mac peach color blush. Cream blushes in warm peaches or pinks give skin a natural, subtle flush.
- Eye shadow: Use a soft, brownish color that enhances your eyes’ natural contours without showing up as shadow. Brush it into the creases and along the lower lashes, making sure there are no hard edges, just like Emily VanCamp’s natural looking eye makeup.
- Eyeliner: Use a soft gray or brown pencil between the top lashes. Finish with a dark brown or black mascara.
- Lips: Choose a shade that matches your lips exactly and press the color into your lips with your fingertip rather than applying it directly from the tube. Concentrate it in the center and blend out. Emily VanCamp usually wears a sheer, flattering berry.
- Finish with Skindinavia Moisture Lock Finishing Spray.
Another envious feature of Emily VanCamp are her naturally wavy curls and here’s how to get them:
1. On damp hair, apply a quarter-size amount of White Sands The Cure 24/7 to repair and protect color treated hair. This leave in treatment mends split ends and restores internal moisture, while also making tresses stronger, smoother, and shinier.
2. Mist the entire head with a volumizing spray before I begin styling.
3. Next, use a blow drier for your hair with a diffuser attachment, making sure to scrunch the hair with your fingers while drying for additional texture.
4. After you have done all this, to recreate the curls Emily’s character has been wearing on Revenge, finish off by wrapping small sections around a large barrel curling iron and release. To give your curls extra staying power, I spray the style with a powerful long lasting holding hairspray to keep it from falling..