Kim Kardahsian looked elegant at the 98th Annual White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. She covered up her famous curves in a high necked floor length green velvet gown with white lace sequinned belt and shoulder panels. The long gown featured a teasing back slit and she wore just a bracelet for jewelry. For makeup, she sported a simple face with precisely lined eyes and dramatic eyelashes. With her hair pulled back on the top of her head, Kim opted for pale lips, which drew most of the attention to her eyes and the stunning green dress itself. The look was so clean and pretty and made her look effortlessly stunning.
Kim Kardashian fell victim to quite a few jokes throughout the evening from Jimmy Kimmel and President Obama himself, who teased about The Kardashian’s fame in an opening monologue, asking who they are and why exactly they are famous.
Kim shrugged the jokes off and did not seem to look too phased. The Kardashians, did after all sign a 400 million dollar contract to extend their reality show four more years.
To achieve Kim’s look, go for a black liquid eye liner with a felt tip. Lancôme Artliner – Precision Point Eyeliner makes this type of look a breeze. The pointed felt tip helps you get in as close to the lash line as possible and the long wear formula won’t budge.
The key to Kim’s minimal makeup look though, is her big, dramatic false eye lashes. Fake eyelashes are hard to put on and most don’t know how to do it right and make it look natural at the same time. Here are some steps to walk you through how to get dramatic eyelashes like Kim Kardashian.
How to Apply Natural Looking Fake Eyelashes:
- Trim the lashes. If the lash is wider than your eye, trim one side of it lash by lash. Optionally, trim the individual lashes to make them look more natural. They should be longer towards the outer corner of the eye then make sure there is barely any gap between your real eye lashes and the fake, and the lash length should vary slightly.
- Squeeze eyelash glue onto the back of your hand and run the eyelash along it.
- Pick the lashes up with tweezers and bring it as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Press from end to end and hold until the glue dries for up to a minute.
- Apply mascara while pressing your finger behind the fake lashes. This will connect the false lashes with yours.
- Fill any gaps between the false lashes and your natural lash line with eyeliner.
- Finish by spraying Skindinavia Original Makeup Finishing Spray across your face. This will hold your makeup in place for up to 16+ hours.
- Wait until the glue is tacky on the lashes before applying to your lid.
- Look for black eyelash glue at your local pharmacy or beauty supply store.
- Go easy on the glue so that it doesn’t build up on the false eyelashes or clump up your real eyelashes and leak into your eye.
- Apply the false lashes as close to your natural eye lash line as possible.
- It helps to bend the eyelashes inward from the middle and on each end gently, depending on the natural curve of your eye. This helps to get the lashes as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Sometimes applying mascara at the very end helps the falsies blend with your natural eyelashes.
- When you remove them, soak the used eyelashes in warm gentle soapy water to remove glue and other makeup that may have gotten on them. Gently reform and air dry on a dry paper towel.