Makeup Artist and lash maven Alana Dawn breaks it down – what you’re doing wrong and what you need to do to successfully apply natural-looking lashes. Alana says the most difficult part is the angle we are applying them in. Follow her easy step-by-step method below.
1. Applying too much glue on your lash strip (too much glue will result in the lashes not drying)
2. Not trimming lash strip to your eye shape
Essential step-by-step to perfectly apply lashes:
1. Choose natural looking lashes, Alana’s choice: Ardell demi wispies
2. Measure lash strip to shape and length of your eye
3. Line your eyes with eyeliner before you apply lashes, that way if you mess up you won’t see your skin
4. Lay lashes on lid then attach sides. Press lashes to lids to ensure they’re attached
5. Finally, hide strip with black gel eyeliner
Voila! Few coats of your favorite mascara and you’ll be batting your flawless lashes all day and night.