Amanda Seyfried was a vision at the 85th annual Oscar Awards wearing a custom Alexander McQueen gown, Roger Vivier shoes, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. She’s on all the best dressed lists for her angelic Oscar Awards look, and to top it off, she’s given us a sexy, new makeup look to crave.
A big fan of the cat eye, Amanda showed off a lavender cat eye that accentuated her bright blue eyes and highlighted the color of her gorgeous, ivory gown. If this isn’t the perfect look for spring makeup, I don’t know what is. She looks fresh-faced, natural and sexy at the same time. The lavender shade makes Seyfried appear almost angelic while the cat eye effect adds an essence of sexiness in a subtle way. Pink blush and lipstick enhanced the flawless look.
It’s really a perfect example of how to transition your makeup using pastels for spring, and I’m so glad Amanda Seyfried is here to show us how it’s done!
Here’s how to create her winged lavender eye makeup look:
1. Apply a light shimmery shade over the entire lid.
2. Next apply a lavender eye shadow over the lid and up into the crease, extending up and outward, past the lash line to create dramatic wings. Some great lavender shades are: Benefit Fancy Pansy, MAC Digit, MAC Beautiful Iris and a personal favorite of mine, NARS eye shadow duo in Charade (one light lavender shade and one dark). You should also apply your favorite light purple shade lightly under the bottom lashes as a drop shadow.
3. Using a slightly darker shade in the same color family, brush into the crease to darken, and extend outward, past the lash line to form definition and enhance cat eye.
4. Finish with a black eyeliner on the top lid and a black volumizing mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
5. Spray Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray to hold your lavender cat eye throughout various temperature fluctuations and to add an overall dewy glow to your makeup look.